Long Hat House
Based in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
June 10, 2015
Press / Business contact:
Belo Horizonte, MG
We are a two-man game studio based on Belo Horizonte, Brazil. We are João Brant and Lucas Mattos. We share a big enthusiasm for games and that's why we make'em.
We are both from the city of Belo Horizonte, Brazil. That’s where we met while we were studying Computer Science at UFMG. During that time, we took part on a number of game jams and did small projects, together or otherwise. There was a point when we decided going just solo around wasn’t enough, thus in June, 2014, Long Hat House was born for the development of Magenta Arcade.Magenta Arcade
Not very long after, a lot of stuff happened! We won the first edition of the SBGames Jam! Then, as we reached the end of Magenta Arcade's development, it was a finalist in FunPlus' IndiePlus contest at San Francisco! Even without any further funding, we decided to push onwards into the games industry, and here we are right now!Dandara
All of that gave us the resolve we needed to keep on making games, and after a bunch of failing prototypes we arrived at what would become Dandara, (a touch screen exploration and action game) and stick with it. Dandara changed our lives. We signed with a very lovely publisher called Raw Fury, and Dandara was amongst the first "Nindies" announced for the Nintendo Switch, live. Writing this and still feels unbelievable.
Dandara went on to launch and receive a lot of awards. The most notable were that it was nominated by TIME magazine as one of the best games of 2018, and it was a finalist for Best Portable Game at 22nd D.I.C.E. awards as well!
There are currently no trailers available for Long Hat House. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
There are far more images available for Long Hat House, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner at I SB Games Jam" - Porto Alegre, 14 November, 2014
- "Finalist at FunPlus' IndiePlus contest" - San Francisco, 3 March, 2015
- "Finalist at BIG Festival: Brazilian Award" - São Paulo, 1 July, 2015
- "IMGA Finalist - Excellence in Gameplay" - San Francisco, 12 March, 2016
- "Finalist at BIG Festival: Brazilian Award" - São Paulo, 1 July, 2016
- "Finalist at SBGames 2016: Best Game" - São Paulo, 1 August, 2016
- "Finalist at SBGames 2016: Best Design" - São Paulo, 1 August, 2016
- "IMGA Finalist" - San Francisco, 28 February, 2017
- "Winner at SB Games 2018: Best Game (press vote)" - Foz do Iguaçu, 31 October, 2018
- "Winner at SB Games 2018: Game Design " - Foz do Iguaçu, 31 October, 2018
- "Finalist at SB Games 2018: Narrative" - Foz do Iguaçu, 31 October, 2018
- "Dandara in top 10 games of 2018 by TIME Magazine" - http://time.com/5455710/best-video-games-2018/ 16 November, 2018
- "Brazil Game Awards Best Brazilian Game" - São Paulo, 12 December, 2018
- "DICE Awards: Finalist at Portable Games category" - Las Vegas, 12 February, 2019